Wilson Graveyard (South)
Chazy, Clinton County, New York
DIRECTIONS: Located on the east side of the Ridge Road, about halfway
between School No. 4 and where Tracy Brook crosses the road, near the southern
line of Lot No. 13 of Deans Patent.
On Miner Farm, partly surrounded by a stone wall, in which
on the road is an iron gate. In a dense cedar grove, overgrown. There are only
two enscribed stones, but many rough field-stone markers.
- This cemetery was completely copied Aug. 28, 1938 by Hugh & Charles Woodbury "Woody" McLellan.
- These records are part of what is known as the McLellan Cemetery Records. Beginning in 1933, Hugh McLellan, his son, Charles Woodbury “Woody” McLellan, and his daughter-in-law, Hulda (Bredenburg) McLellan traveled to various cemeteries throughout Clinton County copying the inscriptions from cemetery stones. Upon his death, these records were to have been donated to Cornell University. However, Dr. Allan Everest of SUNY Plattsburgh convinced the McLellan family to keep the records locally, and they were eventually donated to SUNY Plattsburgh. Complete sets of these records are also available at the Plattsburgh Public Library, the Clinton County Historian's office in Plattsburgh, and the Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society in Keeseville, New York. Each Town Historian has a copy of their segment as well.
George WILSON / Died / Apr. 7, 1882 / Aged 50 Years. / May he rest in peace. /
Jane. / Daughter of / C. & S. WILSON / Died / April 8, 1842. / AE. 8 y'rs.
Source: McLellan Cemetery Records
This page maintained by Joyce M. Ranieri